Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How much to TIP for HAIR CUT and highlight?

Okay, so I do not want to be cheap, but I have NO idea what standard is for tipping on a hair cut/highlight?? Is it 20%, like a server?





So last night my hair bill was $140, and I didn't know what to tip. I did $25 because it sounded decent. But then I calculate it later and it wasn't even 20%. Please let me know what you think it appropriate. Thanks!How much to TIP for HAIR CUT and highlight?
i found a website that gives you guide how much you tip a person, not only for a hairdresser but other situations like a waitress etc...





here is the website: http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/t鈥?/a>





i hope this helpsHow much to TIP for HAIR CUT and highlight?
First, it depends on how much you liked your cut and highlight.





A bill of $140 is expensive, and therefore a $25 is fine. While 20% is the norm for beauty treatments, you don't realize that a lot of that $140 is going straight into your stylists pocket anyways. Don't worry about it, I think your tip was generous and acceptable. If not, then the stylist is just being greedy!
That sound pretty fair. To get 20% move the decimal over one spot ($14) and times by 2 ($28) so you were pretty close. And I round up or down from there based on what bills I have. Then a few singles for the shampoo girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment